Scientifically, nails are composed of keratin which is a protein found in our skin and hair. The makeup of our nails, includes the plate, the bed, the matrix (area under the cuticle), the lunula (base of the nail), the cuticle, and the nail folds which is the skin that frames the nail. Nails grow about 1/10 of an inch every month and they grow faster than toenails – thank goodness! Fingernails are a good indicator of health problems, such as a yellow or greenish discoloration may be due to a respiratory condition, like chronic bronchities. Deep indentations that run across the nails are called “Beau’s” lines and they appear when there is an injury or an illness in the body, like a heart attach.
To help keep nails healthy, some tips include the following:
- Don’t dig out ingrown toenails.
- Don’t remove the cuticles or clean too deeply under your nails, which can lead to infection.
- File your nails in one direction and round the tip slightly, rather than filing to a point.
- Apply moisturiser to your nails and cuticles every day. Creams with urea, phospholipids or lactic acid can help prevent cracking.
- Avoid nail-biting or picking.
- Keep your nails clean and dry.
Women of all ages are naturally nesters, which means that they try to help everyone else, except themselves. However, a little extra pick-me-up every now and then, can help women to keep them looking good and in a good mood. Is it any wonder why women love getting their nails done at nail places near me and three of the top reasons involves the following list:
Manicures help to boost a woman’s confidence. Women use their hands expressively and to have them looking great is a form of confidence. Nail manicures are a tangible process which women have control over, which gives women confidence to help get through a tough work day, a job interview, family issues, or a special date night or event. No matter what a woman’s self-confidence level is, it can be improved with a trip to the manicurist. After your nail spa treatment, where your nails are cleaned, cut, filed, painted, and polished, perhaps even designed, you want to show off your cosmetic results to everyone, a real confidence booster! Women say that they feel more beautiful, more confident and powerful. Who would understand that even though this tangible and intangible treatment every two weeks for a woman, it can change your look on life in a positive way.
If a woman is a neophyte to nail manicures and after an initial treatment, the manicurists says pick out your color – trepidation sets in. What color do I like and look at all the choices on the spa shelf! Picking out a color can be daunting, but fun because a woman might feel adventuresome and choose a color that reflects thinking outside the box. A woman’s attraction to specific colors or shades reflects their personalities. There is a psychology to nail polish colors for women, in addition to helping women feel feminine and sexy, choosing special shades can reflect how they see life.
- Black Nails: Black nails are today’s chic color. Black reflects creativity and a unique personality, somewhat like being a rebel. It takes confidence for women to wear black manicures and for many women today, no matter their age, it has become a signature nail color.
- Neon Nails: Neon nails are the modern day coloring for women who are energetic and active. Bright colors are visually a conversation piece for anyone wearing them.
- Pastel Nails: Wearing pastel colors like pale pinks, beige shades and even some variation of bright colors like soft yellow or coral displays a women who is naturally a relaxed person. A woman wearing pastel nails likes her world in a relaxed state of mind.
- Orange Nails: Women who wear bright pops of orange, opaque baby blue, or a metallic green, are persons who are impulsive and fun.
- Deep Wine Nails: Wine shading or burgandy nails shows that women are quietly sexy and sultry. These colors are also a modern day classical shading.
- White Nails: Yes, many women enjoy wearing white manicured nails. White symbolizes freshness and being chic. White nails are worn by women of all ages and lends an element of youth to any women wearing it.
- Red Nails: Red nails for women continues to symbolize sexiness and a woman’s aggressive nature.
- Mixture: Using a mixture of colors signifies that a woman is happy go luck and finds life challenging with a variety of nail coloring, shades, decorations, etc., that gives her variety in life.
A manicure is a great stress reliever that allows a woman to sit back, relax, and unwind. Plus, manicures are fun, in addition to serving a function for good health. Men and women carry a lot of stress in their hands. For women, a well done manicure helps her feel good and it is a way for her to treat herself. Having nails done at a nail salon gives women that extra benefit of pampering in the form of hand cleansing, moisturizing, massaging, shaping, trimming, and buffing. A salon inspired manicure is also a way of women bonding together joyously and in beauty. The girls come together and talk about life in a manner that provides women quality time. Getting pampered is just a natural means to boost a woman’s emotions. A large number of women in a survey, state that a home manicure is a way for them to feel pampered and helps them feel more relaxed.
Hands are used every day and the skin around our hands and nail are exposed to various elements that takes a toll on them. Hands should be protected and nails should be manicured to protect them from becoming cracked, chapped, and inflammed. A manicure service helps to keep our hands and nails protected and healthy. Manicures makes our nails and hands look more aesthetically pleasing with a moisturizing service and this services relieves the stress we inflict on our hands in the form of dryness and hangnails.